Job type: Permanent
Salary: Experience Dependent
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Rural Surveyor working with a local, well established and dedicated Land Agent.
The role will require the usual Land Agency skills. In addition, we would like someone with a keen interest in environmental matters consistent with the forthcoming change to public funding arrangements.
The successful candidate will be part of an enthusiastic team spanning rural professional practice, reporting to the head of department. You will be immediately responsible for delivering professional services, advice to clients as well as developing new business opportunities, and assisting with the training of Graduate Surveyors as and when required.
This position offers a variety of management, sales, professional and valuation work covering Cumbria and the North of England.
Areas of work
· Estate, farm and property management for both private and institutional clients.
· Farm, property and land valuation both Red Book and informal.
· Sporting management and lettings.
· Land and property sale and acquisition.
· General landlord and tenant professional work including farm and property lettings, grazing licences, etc.
· Administration of environmental schemes Basic Payment Scheme and planning.
· Compulsory purchase, renewables and generation of new income streams.
· Planning and Development.
· ELMs and future land use options, carbon capture etc.
One of the key parts to this role is to help with achieving future succession planning within the department. You will assist with providing professional services to the varied and established existing client base. You will contribute to business growth and the company profile in the region. The successful candidate will assume significant and increasing client facing responsibilities and accountability for their allocated clients.
With the development of the new ELMs system, the candidate will recognise the need to become proficient in advising on the implications affecting the industry. The candidate will contribute to and support business development initiatives and winning new business.
Skills and Knowledge
· MRICS Rural Estate Management qualified.
· At least three years relevant experience in the rural property sector.
· Be proficient in keeping up to date with developments with the new schemes and guidance being realised by DEFRA.
· Be a good communicator to help farmers understand the current and new schemes available and be able to advise how such schemes may be able to benefit their businesses.
· It would be advantageous to have a full knowledge of upland farming practises.
· Good clear written and verbal communication style.
· Self-motivated, ambitious, capable of working independently and as part of a team.
· Commercially aware.
· Well organised and capable of managing multiple workloads.
· Technically proficient with excellent attention to detail.
· Professionally versatile with high standards.
· Personable, polite and helpful.
· Confident, driven and conscientious.
· Interest in building relationships and generating new business.
· Have a full driving licence and be able to provide their own car.
Apply today or call Amy in the office on 01228 812585