Payroll Manager (30 hours)
Job type: Permanent
Location: Near Carlisle
Salary: £30,000 (pro-rata)
Are you an experienced Payroll professional, looking for a role that can work around your current commitments? We have a great career opportunity for someone to join our dynamic and forward-thinking client permanently, working 30 hours a week, on days and times that suit you!
As the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of payroll operations. This pivotal role requires a detail-orientated professional with a deep understanding of payroll and compliance.
Duties will include:
- Managing end-to-end payroll processing, ensuring accurate and timely disbursement of salaries and wages
- Staying abreast of payroll laws and regulations, ensuring all payroll processes and payments adhere to legal standards
- Addressing and resolving payroll-related issues and discrepancies in a timely and effective manner
- Generating and analysing payroll reports, providing insights to inform strategic decision-making
- Conducting regular audits to ensure the accuracy and integrity of payroll data and liaising with external organisations including HMRC and pension providers
- Maintaining accurate employee records regarding salary information and payroll transactions, ensuring data can be used for management reports
Skills and Experience
- Proven senior payroll experience where you have had full process responsibility
- In-depth knowledge of payroll transactions, taxation, and compliance
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in payroll software and Microsoft Office
- Strategic thinker, always looking for ways to improve processes
- Confident decision-making skills
Apply today or for more information, please call Emma on 01228 812585
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, but you want to discuss your next career move in confidence, please call the office and one of the team will be happy to help.